Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Fantasy Players
Google

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Fantasy Players

I know, Miguel Batista was not the best closer you could have picked up.

Or is he!

As I tried to tell you, he is a great pitcher to rotate around your starting staff.

If you have nobody pitching, put in Batista, as a starter, he is eligible in most leagues.

And if you simply put him in as your best closer, shut the hell up!

Did it really hurt you!

No.

Did you look like a stud prognosticator?

Yes!

And, The Fu2rman says.


"You're freakin' welcome!"


Don't say jack shit to me, he has 3 saves, and is leading the AL.

He is tied at 3 saves with CHW Shingo Takatsu, but Takatsu has an 11.57 ERA, and a 2.13 WHIP.

Compare that to Batista's, 3.86 ERA, and a 1.29 WHIP,
and one Win.

One more thing, Shingo has pitched 2 1/3, Batista 4 2/3 innings.

In twice the innings, Batista has almost a third the ERA, almost half the WHIP, and 1 win, Shingo sucks, he's hittable, he gives up runs, he's a terrible closer,
check the numbers.

If you picked up Batista on my suggestion,
You Are Freakin' Welcome!

Go ahead, find me a better closer in the American League!

If you followed my advice and picked up Batista as a Starting Pitcher, just to rotate in when one of your starters was not pitching, today showed my brilliance.

I have Rivera, Lidge and Dotel.

Dotel is an Oakland A, his team was playing Batista's Jays.

Rivera and Lidge both have the day off.

I can play both against each other, even if Lidge and Rivera are playing, I could have 4 closers today, in a league that only allows 3.

Eligibility
is a great tool.

All hail the King!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home