Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Why Women Don't Belong In The Workplace
Google

Monday, April 11, 2005

Why Women Don't Belong In The Workplace


I'm at work tonight, and one of the silly little broads that works for me says,

"You guys are always talking fantasy baseball lately, it's driving me nuts!"


As her boss I have to be nice, and politically correct, and not create a hostile work environment, and blah blah blah!

So I get really serious, like I'm concerned, and say,

"You think it's inappropriate for us to talk about sports at work?"

"Well, no, but you guys keep talking about fantasy sports and it's just annoying"

"It's annoying? What does that mean?" I say.

"I don't know, I guess it's just that I don't get it, you guys are all just talking and we have no idea what you're talking about."

I ask, "Who is we?"

"Well, all the girls."

I say, "So let me get this straight, just to be crystal clear, you and the women here don't like us talking about fantasy sports because you don't understand it, and have no interest in it?"

"YES!, that's it, exactly!"

"OK" I add, "Here's the deal, I have no problem squashing all sports talk from the building. But if I do that, I also have to stop the shopping talk, because the men in the building don't have any interest in that. That means no more talking about cute purses, the great shoes you just found or any other non male thing."

"What? But that's just fun, just conversation....."

I interrupt, "NO NO, you're right, we shouldn't be able to talk about things that are just fun, just conversation."

"Ahh, you know, ahhhh, never mind, ahhhh, I was just ahhhh, sayin', I don't know, it was just ahhhhh a a a thought....."

She made no sense what-so-ever at this point.

I guess she doesn't like having the same standards placed on her, or her 'girls' in the building.

If her little policy would have been implemented, she would have been a pariah among her 'girls'.

What?!! We can't talk about shopping! And YOU did this!!

I truly believe this is one of those 'look at me damnit!' situations.

By that I mean, men did not pay proper attention to her.



Women have been working this double standard too long.

I want to be equal, but I want you to be chivalrous.

I want to be a fire woman making fire man money, but I can't carry a man out of a burning building, a man is going to have to do that!

Guess what?

There are things that women are naturally better at than men.

I say, great, teach me what you can, you're the expert.

But there are things that men are made to do also.

Please people, stop hating our differences, start celebrating them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home