Fu2rman on Sports and Society: I Hate To Sound Like Bahb...
Google

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I Hate To Sound Like Bahb...


The Lakers are officially out of the playoffs for the first time in 11 years.

The Heat are Conference Champs.

All I heard today on every sports show was how bad the Shaq trade was, one even asked "Was the Shaq trade the worst trade in sports history?"

Like I said, I hate to sound like Bahb, so I'll just link you to one of his posts.

The Shaq we are seeing today is not the Shaq that would have been in LA had the Lakers kept him.

LA would have had the same fat, lazy, toe excuse, game missing Shaq we saw last season.

Only one year fatter and lazier.

He lost something like 30 pounds to get in playing shape for the Heat, because that's what the Heat wanted. All of the sudden he's a humble team player?

Yeah Shaq, everyone in LA wanted you to be a fat bastard, yeah that's it.

Bahb I would love to tell you that you were right about Shaq, I hope you are in fact. I hope Shaq starts showing his true colors next year.

My point of the arguement we were having was not so much Shaq was worth the money, it was more about Kobe not being worth a damn. Great player, but not a leader, not someone you bet your franchise on.

This was a good prediction from Dec. 4th, 2004


2) LA Clippers finish with a better record than the LA Lakers. Sorry Kobe, you showed time and time again that you couldn't win without Shaq. Every time he was out hurt with his bad wittle piggy, your team lost.

Clippers 34-42 10th place
Lakers 33-41 11th place


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, you are right, and I was wrong.

Kobe sucks. He is the Vince Carter that even Vince Carter has not quite proven to be, now that he's playing with Jason Kidd.

Kobe sucks.

But, Shaq is not worht $160 trillion no matter how you slice it.

The Lakers were wedged and cornered by the unreal expectations of a "bubble" market in the NBA.

Screw Shaq and screw Kobe. The Lakers gambled well, and lost.

But, I still maintain they gambled well.

They gave an honest shot at not becoming the next Chicago Bulls, but, well, they lost.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home