Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Sorry For My Absence
Google

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Sorry For My Absence

I have had almost a week of not posting anything.

I had the unfortunate experience of attending my aunts funeral.

I have lost a fair amount of my family, all of my grandparents have past, I've lost a couple friends recently to unfortunate circumstances, but this one was hard.

I spent the week with my cousins, one is about 5 years older, another is a year older, and the other is about 4 years younger than me.

And they are dealing with the loss of their Mother.

It really brings life home.

Life is precious, you need to talk to your parents, you need to be OK with them, any issues, should be resolved, you should have everything completely communicated with them at all times, just in case one of you should go.

'Cause you never know.

The weirdest thing is, the most blessed thing...

I have my first nephew being born. My Dad and I were racing home just in case our little Fu2r Yankee was early.

He was not, and now I'm sitting and waiting for the call that my little nephew has arrived.

So please excuse my lack of posting.

My emotions have run the gamut, sadness and crying with my family, to excitement and joy with my family.

Strange how life works, I lose a relative, and gain a new one.

The circle of life is a beautiful thing.

It would be even more beautiful if my nephews name was as I suggested, Mariano Rivera B*****, or Derek Jeter B*****, but that is not going to happen.

My sis went with Ty, as in Ty Cobb, and we will share my middle name as in William, so we're all good.

Again, I have some great stuff waiting to go off on, and I will, but give me a day or two to go through my little rollercoaster ride.

Thank You My Friends....

2 Comments:

Blogger Pastorius said...

Life is all forward motion, whether we like it or not, so, congratulations.

As far as losing loved ones is concerned; the more you love, the more you lose. So, once again, congratulations.

There's a scene in the movie Down By Law which I will never forget, Roberto Begnini stumbled into a jail cell and said, "Life is sad and beatiful."

Yeah, that's about it.

9:14 PM  
Blogger The Fu2rman said...

Yep, circle of life my friend, circle of life...

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home