Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Great Article From An Emailer
Google

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Great Article From An Emailer

This was a link sent by a reader.

It showed how after only one generation of poverty, crime, and illegitimacy, the early Irish emigrants were able to turn racial stereotypes around, to become not only productive members of society but respected members of our country.

I happen to be part Irish, and I've never been ashamed to say that. And I can thank the man the article was written about for that.

It is sort of a biography of one Irish leader, 'Dagger John' Hughes.

Leaders (if you still consider yourself a leader after reading this) of the Black, Hispanic, and any other races that feel their people are being treated unfairly in our society, should take notes.

As the article says, in so many words, personal responsibility and strong morals work, and victim mentality and excuses do not.

Check it out.

The article is very long, so I won't post any of it here, but I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

Thank you Grandma C, you seem like a smart lady, except for that calling me a dog thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home