Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Bonds Back?
Google

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Bonds Back?


Barry Bonds took the field today with the Giants at Dodger stadium for some pregame practice.


He is not ready to be activated, but it looks like he will be very soon.

He looked good shagging balls, and taking some batting practice and running some bases. That leap into the wall in this picture looks promising for the slugger. Especially since if he is to be anything other than a pinch-hitter he is going to have to play left field, being in the Designated-hitterless National League.

I have said many times that I am not a fan of Bonds, and I hoped he wouldn't pass Ruth or Aaron as the all time Homerun leader.

However, I heard a stat today that could change my mind.

In his last two years, he has seen about 7000 pitches,
he swung and missed only 250 of them.

That's not even human.

Steroids or not,
that is un-freakin'-believable!

If he does pass Ruth and Aaron, I won't be disappointed.

As a matter of fact, let me
reluctantly say for the first time ever...

Good luck Barry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home