Fu2rman on Sports and Society: A Message To Another Emailer.
Google

Thursday, January 13, 2005

A Message To Another Emailer.


Stephanie, I appreciate your email, and the fact that you mentioned my NFL playoff predictions were off.

No kidding!

Good thing I am so spot on with Baseball, Basketball and Hockey!

But here is part of her email-

I'd like to give my predictions for

the future, but the matchups
haven't been decided for next week
and I can't even remember who is
playing today. Except I do pick the
Colts over the Broncos, but I
want the Broncos to win. I do predict
that the Chargers don't win the
Super Bowl.
Well good job predicting that the Chargers aren't going to win the Superbowl!

Especially since the game was at 5pm on Saturday the 8th, your email-

Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:37:46 -0500

Now to clearify something.

I have been a Charger fan for a long time. I'm used to these disappointments, but I can't show a lack of faith in my team. So no, I was not being objective in saying the Chargers were going to the Superbowl. Still, I am suprised the Jets beat them, Pennington wasn't as hurt as they made him out to be. By the way, I like Pennington, he was on my Fantasy team, and was great until he got hurt. But it looks like he's back.

So I guess football was not my thing this year, therefore, I am not giving predictions for the next round-

Yeah right!!

Steelers beat the Jets

Falcons over the Rams

Colts go down to the Patriots, even though the Pats secondary is struggling, Peyton, outside, cold, I don't see it. However, I hope he proves my wrong, I hate Boston sports!!!

I'm going with the Eagles over the Vikings, but I could easily be wrong here, Viks are playing well, and no TO? McNabb has a habit of winning this game, but Eagles better come out big or they'll go down.

Stephanie, any issues with that?

On a Charger note.

What do they do?

Keep Drew Brees, pay him big money, or keep Phillip Rivers, already making big money?

Well as a long time Charger fan, I can guarantee this, whatever they decide, will be the wrong decision!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home