Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Lawyer Milloy, Another Big Mouth That Won't Win The Superbowl
Google

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Lawyer Milloy, Another Big Mouth That Won't Win The Superbowl


Lawyer Milloy is a jealous fool!

He decided to mouth off against the Patriots.

He said the Pats don't pay their players enough, especially their stars.

It's no suprise he would say that, before the 2003 season the Pats were having salary cap issues, Milloy refused a pay-cut that would have kept him in New England. He must have only remembered one line from Jerry McGuire, "pay me the money!" which I applaud, it was still a crappy chick flick.

Milloy got the money, but now he has to play in a Bills uniform! YUK!

At least with his money, he would be able to afford a really nice house, with a great entertainment system and super comfy couch, on which to watch the entire playoffs!

Let me be clear, I don't fault the guy for wanting to make the money he agreed to in the contract he and the Pats signed. I don't blame him a bit! I may have done the same thing in that situation. He played in New England for 7 seasons, and all of the sudden,

"Hey, Lawyer, that contract you signed, we were just kidding, if you want to stay here, it's going to be at $1.5 million less than we agreed to."


That kinda sucks, but the Pats are committed to winning! That is what I love about this team.

In the era of the salary cap, what else can you do?

The Pats have made a habbit of paying their players well, but not huge crazy money. They sell it to free agents with "come play here, we win Superbowls, or go make more money elsewhere, the choice is yours."

This is why I say Milloy is a fool. Not because he wanted to make money, but because he made his choice, and now he criticizes the Pats for a system that obviously works.

I know I've said many times that I hate Boston sports, and that I should be a GM so I can fix peoples crappy teams, but let me say this,

The New England Patriots are a great team, that is run very well!

Keep up the good work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home