Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Who's Running The Lakers?
Google

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Who's Running The Lakers?


Is it Phil Jackson or Mitch Kupchak?

Lakers are about to deal either Caron Butler or Chucky Atkins to get Kwame Brown.

Kwame F***ing Brown, you ask?

I know, you could see if you could somehow shed yourself of some salary, Divac, Grant, and any of their anchors on the salary cap.

But we are looking at giving up, in one case, Chucky Atkins, 31 y/o Point Guards $4.5 million salary. The other option is Caron Butler, 25 y/o Small Forwards $2.5 million salary.

Well, I was skeptical too.

As a matter of fact, I was ready to bash the Laker GM on this move. I couldn't believe what I was reading when I was drinking all day with this little hottie, and saw the headline scroll across the Yankee game I was watching. I even commented about that to this chick.

But check this out....

The smart move is to deal Butler, and his $2.5 million. Kwame should play for that salary.

Why is that smart?

The Lakers lacked an inside presence, and 23 y/o, 6' 11", Power Forward/Center would allow LaMar Odom to play Small Forward where he is more comfortable.

That would allow Kwame to bounce back and forth, with Chris Mihm at Center, and Brian Grant at Power Forward.

Here's the risk.

Kwame is a bigger headache than Kobe.

This is either going to be the most brilliant move ever, or the biggest catastrophe.

I bet my money like this...

If it works, Phil gets the credit.

If it fails, Kupchak gets blamed.

Either way, I would hate to be named Kupchak right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home