Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Steroids? Are You Serious?
Google

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Steroids? Are You Serious?


I'm so glad I spent so much energy posting about Raphael Palmeiro being a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Now, as it turns out, he tested possitive for steroids and will be serving a 10 game suspension.

Well just-in-freakin'-time!

I have had tickets to the Angels/Orioles game this Wednesday since late May...

And why....?

At the time I wanted to see the first place Orioles, and breakout 2nd baseman Brian Roberts, and mega-stud, and All-Star MVP shortstop Miguel Tejada, and 2 fu2r Hall of Famers, Sammy Sosa, and Raphael freakin' Palmeiro, in person!

Well, the O's have tanked, and are sitting quietly in 4th place behind the freakin' Blue Jays, Roberts has cooled off big-time, he's hitting .230 over the last month, Tejada is still a stud, but Sosa is having a slow month, hitting a big .256 (it's hard to do well without the steroids and corked bats), and Palmeiro is going to be serving his 10 game suspension, and spending
time with his family...

I can't wait for this game!

I gotta say, Raffy's statement was, well,
interesting.

He holds strong to the fact that he
never knowingly used steroids. I hope he is telling the truth. I was really pulling for the guy. I have never been a big fan of his, I have never followed his career, but I had a huge amount of respect for him.

Now, I'm not so sure.

I'll wait until more of the facts are in.

Bottom-line is this,
how will this affect his induction to the Hall of Fame?

This could be the touchstone that Barry Bonds goes up against.

Seriously,
steroided Barry would be back in the Giants lineup right now, crackin' homeruns. But, steroidless Barry announced that he is not likely to return this year.

Big surprise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home