Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Rafi, Rafi, Rafi......
Google

Friday, August 05, 2005

Rafi, Rafi, Rafi......

Even the freakin' leader of the free world has Raphael Palmeiro's back!

Can George W. Bush bail out Raphael?

It doesn't matter, Bush merely said,
"Raphael Palmeiro is a friend. He testified in public and I believe him."

Big deal...

Here's how it goes down,
"W. you said you believed him, and now it is obvious that he lied, how do you respond?"

This is me as W, "He's a friend, ya always stand by a friend, right? Until, he is proven a li-er, wouldn't you do the same for one a yer friends?"
God Damn Right I Would!

Oh, yeah,
that was me, sorry I got carried away.
(I'd kill to co-own a baseball team with W!)

But see what I mean?

G.W. didn't really go out on a limb, but I give him props for throwing Rafi any support he could.

I still want Rafi to be innocent.

Bahb and I were on the phone the other day, he is in the Seattle area visiting his son on the midget basketball tour. In case you don't remember, or this was before your time, check the link.

Anyway, I was saying to him, and in my last Rafi post, that I would wait for the facts.

I am still not calling this fact,
but the steroid reportedly found in his test, was not one of those little, oops, I didn't know that was in my supplement/cream, it was the good stuff...

Stanozolol.

The
you can play-year-after-year-after-year, to rack up 3,000 hits and 500 homeruns, kinda steroids.

The same steroid that got
Ben Johnson stripped of his Gold Medal and World Record from the '88 Olympics!

Bahb and I were discussing Rafi's compelling statement, "...I'm not a crazy person, I'm not stupid..."

That makes a lot of sense....

Unless, MLB has turned it's back for so long, and only gave up little chuckleheads to appease the masses to make them believe they were strong on anti-steroid policy, only to turn their back on the
big guys.

Rafi apparently thought of himself as a
big guy, and may now have the treads of a Grey Hound Bus across his back.

Let me show you what I mean, I'll be Bud Selig for a moment...

"OK, check it out, we can totally save the league, by showing we are tough on the Steroids. Sure, our plans to ruin Bonds are busted, he's staying out for the season, but who else is expendable? Raphael freakin' Palmeiro! He's only been an All-Star a handful of times, he has an S-load of hits and HR's, but there are still questions about him deserving entrance to the Hall-Of-Fame, he's perfect! Take him down boys."

Let me go ahead and bring this all back around...

I could just tell you the answers here, and you'd all, of course, just believe me, but let me call on a new friend at Baltimore Orioles Sound Off.

BOSO, would have some great insight here. I don't know, if you clicked on his link, he may have already posted on the Rafi topic....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home