Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Thank God It's A Long Season
Google

Monday, April 25, 2005

Thank God It's A Long Season


After 20 games for most teams, and 19 for others, what a start.

Jeez, who would have thought the LA Dodgers, minus Gagne and Penny, would be 13-6.

13 wins is impressive. But the NL West is weak.

And The Orioles have 13 wins in the AL East, who'd have thought that?

Who'd have thought Brian Roberts would have led the O's to this great start?

Well, actually, ask my Dad how he got Roberts on his Fantasy team. The Fu2rman put him there! Yes, as the Commisioner, I noticed the Fu2rDAD missing a player, and a great prospect on the horizon. What I said was, 'Dad, I just helped you, I hope I didn't hurt me in the process, I should have picked up Roberts, and traded my 2nd baseman Mark Lorretta to you.'

Long freakin' story, really freakin' short, I'm not winning, my Dad is.

Who'd have thought some well intentioned nepotism would bite me in the ass?

Anyway, back to actuall sports.

13 wins is OK, but if your the Chicago White Sox, you laugh at these wanna-be's.

An impressive start in the first 20 is 16-4, the White Sox would say.

As I said, it's a long season, 162 games, so much will happen.

How about the richest, the greatest, and most expensive team in the entire history of the Major League?

The Yankees are---8-11

Holy-S!

The Boss is going to go freakin' crazy if this team doesn't win it all this year.

And I don't blame him.

He should be pissed!

I would love and hate to be Brian Cashman.

What a great job.

All the money you can spend, the best free agents money can buy, life is good.

But you better goddamn win.

If one more year goes by without a new Ring for The Boss,

Cashman is fired,

The Fu2rman is in!

I'll fix this mess...

Mr. Steinbrenner, call The Fu2rman, I'll fix things in the house, the house that Ruth built.

Sincerely,

The Fu2rman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home