Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Ready To Discuss The NBA Playoffs, Kinda...
Google

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Ready To Discuss The NBA Playoffs, Kinda...


By kinda, I mean I'm only going to get into the West right now. There are still some seeding questions in the East.

Let's start at the top.

Phoenix vs. Memphis

I'd love to see the Memphis Grizzlies win this, but they won't.

Even though the two teams are tied in their season series with two wins each, Memphis got cold down the stretch. They are 5-5 in the last 10 games, I almost thought they were going to blow it and let the T-wolves slip into the eighth spot. Phoenix just continues to look solid, they are 8-2 in the last 10, so they are not only the better team, but they have the momentum.

San Antonio vs. Denver

Again I want to see Denver win this, but I don't trust them to win a series against the Spurs. The season series is tied here, also 2-2, with Denver winning the last two meetings.

Momentum Denver?


Maybe not.

Both Spurs loses were without Tim Duncan on the floor, and one without Manu Ginobili. If Duncan is healthy, and playing at 100%, Spurs win, easy. If not, Nuggets have a shot, but I'm not going to say they win. They have not been very impressive in the last few games, they lost to Phoenix last night, badly, they lost to Houston on Saturday, badly, and just beat a horrible Portland, barely.

It pains me to say it, but take the Spurs in this one.

Seattle vs. Sacramento

Injuries play a big part in this as well. But I'm going to pick Sacramento here, even though the Sonics won the season series 3-1. Sac just beat Seattle on April 5th, by 21, plus I like the experience factor with the Kings.

There's the upset pick.

Dallas vs. Houston

How do you pick this one?

This is the series I'm most excited to see.

Dallas fires Don Nelson, and promotes Avery Johnson. I love that Avery has the Mav's playing defense, for the first time ever. Even though The Rockets won the last two meetings to tie the season series at two apiece, The Rockets have not faced this Mavericks team. Dallas is 9-1 in the last ten games, 5 of those wins were against playoff teams.

In the last six games, Houston has beaten Seattle, Memphis, the number one Phoenix, and they destroyed Denver on Saturday.

I like the Mav's, I want them to win, but I pick Houston to win the series.

I won't call that an upset pick, a five seed beating a four, is chicken, but you feel free to use that in your work pools. Sac over Seattle is the true upset pick.

There you go, there's the West winners--

Phoenix
San Antonio
Sacramento
Houston

When I'm right, here's what happens next-

Houston beats Phoenix, and SA beats Sac.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, as a woman, I read you evey morning before I go to work. I look so informed when I talk to the men I work with. Keep up the good work. But why do you hate the girl golfer? She's there for a reason.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home