Fu2rman on Sports and Society: There's No Crying In Baseball!!!!
Google

Thursday, October 13, 2005

There's No Crying In Baseball!!!!

All I've heard since last nights bad call, I don't think I need to clarify the play in question, is how the Angels were robbed, the umpires decided the game, we need instant replay, etc. etc.

Here's a question, did I whine about the questionable call on Robinson Cano supposedly running out of the baseline, and getting called out? I mean that would have loaded the bases for Bernie Williams, instead it was the 3rd out, didn't the umpires affect the outcome of the game? Maybe, we'll never know.

But did I cry about it? Did I even mention it?!

No! I blamed Hideki Matsui for going 0-5 and stranding 8 baserunners. Read it here.

1. If one bad call decides the game, you didn't score enough runs.

2. Josh Paul should have tagged Pierzynski, just in case, you see this all the time! Josh Paul needs to take some responsibilty for the loss.

3. Pitcher Kelvim Escobar gave Pierzynski second base. He put him in scoring position! Escobar needs to take some responsibility for the loss.

4. Lastly, Mike Scioscia didn't go out and calm Escobar down, he should have had a quick meeting on the mound, got the team together, and battled for the last out.

I think Mike Scioscia is a great manager, however, one thing that bothers me about him, is he constantly runs out on the field to whine to the umpires. Anyone that knows me has heard me say that over and over. And now it came back to bite him and his team in the ass.

Bahb said it pretty well, and I'll let his comment sum this up....

Bahb Damf said...
Here's how we can all know whether or not the Angels will win the Penant. If they whine and cry about that umps stupid effing call last night, then they will lose.If they admit that they gave up a stolen base and a hit after the call and that that's what caused them to lose, then they will win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home