Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Yankee Shopping List
Google

Friday, June 03, 2005

Yankee Shopping List

Since I mentioned Zack Greinke, let me elaborate.

He just got his first win of the season against the Yanks. Why do I keep this guy on my fantasy team if it took him this long to get his first win?

He is only 21, he has a 4.23 ERA, 1.26 WHIP and a .255 batting avg. against.

These don't sound like great numbers, but check this out...

In his last 10 starts he has one complete game, (that he lost after giving up only 3 runs), 2 no-decissions after giving up only 1 earned run, another no-decission after giving up no runs!

It goes on, he had 2 rough outings where he gave up 5 and 6 earned runs, and 2 others that he gave up 4.

See the potential here?

Put my boy Zack with Yankee pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre
, and life is good.

Think about it, next year at this time, Greinke will be 22, and ready to take on the world...or The World Series...

I've already mentioned shopping for a new closer.

The Yanks must sign and start grooming a closer. I threw out a couple names before, I'll say again, Yhency Brazoban from the Dodgers, and Brandon Lyon from the Diamondbacks. Lyon is on the DL at the moment, but had a great start, so Brazoban is the better choice.

However, will the Dodgers part with him? Probably not, so assess Lyons health, and go from there. Both are ready to assume a set-up role on a team like the Yankees.

You'd think Orioles 2nd baseman Brian Roberts would be at the top of the list.

Of course he is, but what are the chances The O's are going to let him go?

Zero and none.

Let's leave it at that for the moment.

I don't want to give Brian Cashman all the answers!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home