Fu2rman on Sports and Society: This Isn't Pretty
Google

Monday, August 15, 2005

This Isn't Pretty



Boston's Curt Schilling gave up 3 runs, on 4 hits, and 2 walks in the ninth inning tonight to blow his second save, and pick up his 4th loss of the season.

"He's not the Curt Schilling that finished last season,'' teammate Johnny Damon said. "He needs some work, he knows it. He'll find it. Hopefully, he'll get another opportunity (Tuesday) and he'll close it out for us.''

That doesn't sound very supportive to me, Johnny, I wouldn't want you as my teammate.

Consider, Johnny, Schilling is not a closer, he's a starter.

Starters can have a rough start, like giving up 3 runs in the first inning they pitch, only to settle in and pitch 5 or 6 more solid innings.

It has happened to Schilling, it happens to all pitchers once in awhile.

As a closer, Schilling has 9 saves....

Wait, does it sound like I am defending a Red Sock?

I almost forgot, I hate the Red Sox!

Sorry, I lost my head for a second.

OK, here we go---

In Schillings last 5 appearances...

He's pitched 5 2/3 innings, giving up 7 earned runs, mixed in there he gave up 3 homeruns.

His record in those games,
1 Win,
1 Blown Save (that equaled)-
1 Loss, and
1 Save.

That is beautiful to this Yankee fan.

Didn't I say a week before the trade deadline that the Sox need a closer?

I think it went something like this.


July 20th, 2005
...they have Curt Schilling as their closer right now. I don't know what to think about that. He should really be in the starting rotation, so they would be wise to go after either Eddie Guardado of Seattle, or Brian Fuentes of Colorado. Fuentes has been hot lately, and he pitches in Denver where balls fly out of the park like, well I don't know what, but I could probably hit one out there. Guardado has 21 saves on the year and he is pitching for about the worst team out there. To put that in perspective, Joe Nathan of the possible Wild Card Twins, leads the AL with 26...The Fu2rman


Just like I could run the Yankees better than Brian Cashman,
the Lakers better than Mitch Kupchak,
I could also run the Sox better than Theo Epstein.

But I would never do that, have you seen the chicks in Boston?

YUK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home