Fu2rman on Sports and Society: Speaking Of Suspense...Yeah, Or Not.
Google

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Speaking Of Suspense...Yeah, Or Not.


Shaq will return to Los Angeles for Christmas. The Miami Heat will be handing Kobe and "his" Lakers their asses.

Readers, that is not a prediction, it is my desire, so do not place any bets based on this!

Actually, I hope both frickin' teams lose!

Shaq and Kobe both suck, two spoiled little cry baby millionaires. At least Shaq, in his interview on the Monday Night Football halftime show, stated that he always respected Kobe's game. He said he always understood that a dynasty needs a one-two punch, he and Kobe did their thing on the court, and after that, he didn't have time to think about Kobe.

Fair enough.

Shaq in his time with the Lakers started seasons out of shape, waited to get surgery, because he wanted to heal on the Lakers dime, ...I could go on, and maybe I will another time.

So why did Shaq demand to be traded? Because he couldn't get along with Kobe?

I don't think so.

Mitch Kupchak made clear the team’s priorities, after saying goodbye to Phil Jackson, when he said the Lakers would do anything they needed to do to keep Kobe and would try to accommodate Shaq if he demanded a trade. But Shaq hadn't publicly said anything about a trade yet...

What was Shaq supposed to do?

Obviously the Lakers were all about Kobe, a self centered
egomaniac, probably a rapist, that doesn't make the players around him any better, and can't carry a team by himself.

Not smart.

If Kupchak intended to trade Shaq, good, fine, whatever, but why would you tip your hand like that? I want to play poker with him, nice poker face Mitch! I'd love Bahb to comment on this, I bet he has an opinion or two.

Why do I hate the Lakers this year?

This is hard for me to put together, let me try.

I have loved the Lakers since I was a young boy, watching Kareem, Worthy, and Magic, with my family. Specifically my Dad, Grandfather, and my Uncles. We used to watch the games at my Grandfather's house, I recall turning the network announcers volume off on the TV, and tuning in Chick Hearn on the stereo. My Grandfather has passed, but these are great family memories, so it pains me to hate the Lakers.

However!

Owner Jerry Buss has to be about 100 by now, and over the last four years what has he done? He allowed Jerry West to get away and systematicly dismantled everything he put in place, he let Phil Jackson go, he bet his entire franchise on a spoiled brat that will never pan out the way he hopes, ie traded Shaq. When he and Kupchak did decide to trade Shaq, Kupchak screwed it up and Buss didn't fire him! Buss is losing it. Maybe lost it!

If The Fu2rman were the Lakers GM, this is how it would have worked, and I have a few people that can confirm this.

Tracy McGrady was available, GET HIM! dump Kobe and all his legal & narcistic BS, keep Shaq, keep Phil. There's your one-two punch, and the greatest coach ever. Put virtully any three guys on the floor with them and you're golden. Who wouldn't want to be part of that team?

Those are the three keys. The keys to the Laker Dynasty!

To all teams,

My GM services are available, but I gotta say, Basketball disgusts me at the present, and I'm better with Baseball anyway. But, if you want to fix up your miserable team...

Call The Fu2rman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home