Fu2rman on Sports and Society: I Guess I Have To Clarify
Google

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I Guess I Have To Clarify



I always thought my posts on becoming the GM of a team, had some common sense understandings.

In particular, just because I would go after a free agent, or propose a trade, it doesn't mean I would get them.

I've always thought that everyone understood that.

I was wrong.



Anonymous said...

I just have to tell you- i am not a dodger fan, so i don't really care about depodesta one way or another; but you sound like a complete idiot- have you ever seen the Seinfeld episode where George tells jerry that he has figured out a way to get Griffey, Bonds, and Sheffield in the same Yankee outfield???
That is basically what you sound like- do you really think the dodgers are going to replace five position players and two-thirds of their pitching staff???
Stop whacking off to unrealistic acquistions and come back to earth, then maybe we can have an intelligent conversation about baseball.


Look at that!

I got called out big-time.

Of course I didn't suggest anything even close to a Bonds, Griffey and Sheffield outfield, but I like his enthusiasm.

In reality, I suggested adding Matt Lawton to the outfield of Jose Cruz Jr.and Milton Madley, oh, I mean Bradley.

That is hardly an OF that would strike fear in their opponents, but oh well.

So, going forward, just because I throw free agents names out there, keep in mind, they are just the best options for the team to pursue.

And knowing that one team would not get to pick and choose whoever they want, I throw out all possible good options, at numerous positions.

I wish Anonymous would have left his name so he could claim his post.

He is obviously smart about the game, I loved his question...


do you really think the dodgers are going to replace five position players and two-thirds of their pitching staff???

Although, I only wanted to sign 2 starting pitchers, last I checked, that's not 2/3 the pitching staff.

They do have a bullpen, and I'd stick with Brazabon and Gagne in the 8th and 9th.

One must keep in mind, as an outsider to any organization, one will never know what restrictions one is dealing with, i.e. budgets, team chemistry, and other intangibles.

I am out here giving the best options.

No need for the name calling, unless you want to go that route, but you will lose, 'cause...

I am The King.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home